Placing Leaders are recruting on behalf of our client for a Commercial Project Manager. We are seeking someone with an excellent all round knwoledge and experience - Someone able to come up with Technical solutions and also to oversee the companies contractual interests on its' projects.
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
This Job Description is intended to be a general guide for the duties of a Project Manager but will not
be limited to the general items below. Ideally the candidate would come from a structural glazing and architectural metalwork background.
• Drive the project development from initial enquiry, contract award to completion
• Define the project scope, goals, deliverables and all material required – communicate all of
this information with team members and other stakeholders as appropriate.
• Study and vet the contract and execute within the cost and time restraints defined
• Oversee the project design including any mock-up or prototyping required
• Oversee the coordination and mentoring of the in-house project team (Designers, Engineers,
Manufacturing and Site Project Manager)
• Manage relationship with Main Contractor
• Drive initial meeting with Estimator and QS and then drive meetings to hand-over from
Design to Manufacturing and to hand-over from Manufacturing to Site operations which you will in turn run. Must be able to estimate and carry out QS functions such as monthly applications and final accounting if required
• Complete a comprehensive and accurate Material Take off
• Order and track all materials required
• Manage time, quality and costs by overseeing Financial and Labour controls and conducting
back-costing of materials and labour in conjunction with QS
• Provide QA/QC during Manufacturing and Installation
• Attend and chair all required external and internal meetings
• Provide all required internal and external reports
Education and Experience:
• Preferred, but not essential, Degree or Post Graduate qualification in Construction, Project Management or other construction related subject.
• Member of an industry recognised institute (e.g. Construction, Engineering, Project Management or Architecture) preferred, but not required
Knowledge and Skills:
• Leadership capabilities to enable collaboration with a team of professionals
• Solid Planning and Time Management skills
• Quality Management
• Knowledge of Health and Safety laws and practices, ideally SMSTS and/or NEBOSH qualified