Placing Leaders are recruiting on behalf of our client who are an established and growing facades contractor for an experienced facades designer. You will be baesd at their new offices in the North of Birmingham and will be part of a newly established design team, an overview of the role is detailed below,
• To review the project specification and highlight where the specification is not achieved or needs further clarifications.
• To review the tender documentation against the project specification.
• To create RFI schedules, issue and update as the design is progressed and the queries are answered.
• To identify variations on the drawings and project specification, inform the QS and PM and mark on the drawings as required.
• To create general building elevations location drawings.
• To draw each item in elevation, section and details.
• To print and issue the drawings for approval, revise to comments and achieve construction stage.
• To draw and schedule all the brackets, flashings and fixings.
Using Logikal and Schucal:
• To process projects as required using Logikal and Schucal, schedule materials and glass for ordering, together with the assembly and cutting lists.
• Attend site design meetings as required, together with the design manager or the project manager.
• Site survey structural openings and structure details as required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Must have in-depth knowledge of construction industry methodologies on detailing and building erection sequencing
• Computer literate in AutoCAD /3D modelling / Microsoft office / Logikal and Schucal.
• Have experience of the major aluminium systems suppliers products
• Have experience of the major glass names and products.
• 5 years facade detailing and procurement experience
• Experience in Construction or Engineering environment
• Diploma / Degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture or related discipline