Placing Leaders are recruiting on behalf of our client for a Facade Designer - This opportunity will see the individual create innovative design proposals for building envelopes, through providing technical drawings, that meet our clients standards.
Utilising their technical understanding for building envelopes they will develop both standard
designs as well as bespoke system solutions that appeal to clients.
This role is responsible for proposing detailed designs for the Façade Engineer to review and
conduct engineering calculations. This is a fundamental part of creating innovative, bespoke
design solutions suitable for highly challenging projects.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Create technical drawings and propose efficient façade solutions for the building envelope
• Provide detailed façade designs for standard and bespoke envelopes, including but not
limited to proposals, fabrication drawings and die drawings.
• Develop systems specific to the UK market
• Liaise with internal teams across the group, eg Product, Project Managers, Sales
• Visit client premises and sites occasionally if/as required to build an understanding for client’s needs and options for design solutions