Placing Leaders are recruiting on behalf of our client who are a well known multi national organisiation for an experienced Facade Engineer. This opportunity will see the individual review and assess design solutions for building envelopes to ensure the appropriate engineering calculations are conducted, with the design meeting performance requirements and company standards.
Working in conjunction with the Façade Designer and internal product and sales teams, this
individual will deliver a design proposal for a standard or bespoke system solution that is suitable
to engage clients for specific projects.
This role is responsible for providing a detailed design solution and advising on requirements to
raise clients engagement with our client.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Review architectural drawings and propose efficient façade solutions for the building
• Prepare preliminary structural assessments for proposed glass- aluminium structures
• Prepare detailed thermal assessments of standard and bespoke envelope systems
• Prepare technical reports and studies on various topics related to the building envelopes,
e.g. performance, buildability.
• Develop concept design and occasionally detailed design proposals
• Develop systems specific to the UK market
• Liaise with internal parties across the group (eg Product, Project Managers, Sales),
as well as client fabricators and design teams
• Visit client premises and sites occasionally if/as required to build an understanding for
client’s needs or options for design solutions
• Participate in design meetings internally and with external parties involved in the building
design and, if appropriate, present proposals to clients
• A master’s degree in structural or façade engineering
• Demonstrable experience in the detailed design of complex glass- aluminium facades
• Detailed knowledge of unitised and stick façade systems
• Good understanding of aluminium window and door systems
• Good understanding of cladding systems, e.g. GFRC, terracotta, precast.
• Good understanding of glass structures
• Full working proficiency in building physics
• Full working proficiency in façade structural engineering
• Full working proficiency in Autodesk AutoCad (2D and 3D)
• Full working proficiency in Dlubal RFEM or a similar FEM software
• Full working proficiency in Flixo or a similar building physics software
Please contact Placing Leaders for further information or for an informal chat regarding this opportunity and other facade engineering / facade design positions